There is a wide selection of car security alarms available to buy online from Amazon. Alarms start at around $10 and up to $400. The price range for the 10 alarm systems was between $10 and $180. However, the performance of alarm systems is not always related to price.
Top 10 Best Car Security Remote and Alarms In 2021 | Best Sellers & Reviews
Includes a 2-way remote start/stop function...
Reliable motion sensor with 4 different settings....
Universal size and fittings to fit all cars...
Features highest quality German design and engineering...
Will easily fit in the majority of petrol-powered cars...
Fits mopeds, motorcycles, cars, and vans...
Modest cost for high specification car alarm system...
If users allow someone else to drive their car how well or badly the car is driven can be tracked...
If installed professionally then the system can be used reliably for several years,...
The remotes can be used with a mile range both ways...
#1. Compustar CS7900-AS All-in-One
- The alarm has a range of 3,000 ft
- Includes a 2-way remote start/stop function
- Good value and loud alarm system
- Has intelligent movement sensors to detect any movement around cars
- Easy to fit system (depending on electronics / mechanical knowledge)
- Can use remotely over a long distance even through walls etc
- Instructions are vague for those who have never fitted an alarm before
- May need to buy an extra bracket to fit it properly
- Consider having it installed by a professional alarm fitter, which adds to the cost
#2. Estink Remote Car Alarm Security System
- The low-cost alarm works without keys
- Reliable motion sensor with 4 different settings
- Emergency automatic shut down to prevent theft or starting up following an accident
- Universal fittings that are included with the system so no waiting around for extra fittings
- Ships to anywhere nationwide within 4 to 7 working days
- Not the loudest of alarms
- Consider linking it to the horn as that is louder than the alarm itself
- There are alarms with longer ranges
#3. MASO Car Remote Central Locking
- Remotely locks up to 4 doors
- Universal size and fittings to fit all cars
- Fitted with the sensor so the car can be located even in the busiest car park among hundreds of other cars
- Easy to fit alarm system (depending on instruction book included)
- Continues working in extreme cold (20 degrees C) and excessive heat (70 degrees C)
- Sold with a 12-month warranty
- Some complaints about only receiving instructions in Spanish
- The diagrams/pictures in the instruction booklet are small
- Some users believe that the alarm is not loud enough
- Unreliable and does not always work
- Looks cheap
#4. Technaxx car Alarm with Charging
- Powered by plugging into the cigarette lighter
- Features highest quality German design and engineering
- For use with any vehicles with 12 to 24V batteries
- Inexpensive and effective alarm system
- There is no way of hacking into or bypassing this system
- Loud enough to deter thieves or vandals
- Has a light to show it is working to deter thieves
- Sometimes it is difficult to sync this alarm
- Though it is loud enough to deter thieves owners who have higher quality double glazing may not hear it
- There is no way to turn it off without the remote so would have to unplug if accidentally switched on
#5. BANVIE 2-Way LCD Car Alarm System with Remote Start
- Will easily fit in the majority of petrol-powered cars
- The LCD has different colors to indicate what has caused the alarm to go off
- The remote controls and sensors work over a long-range
- Banvie remote allows the engine to warm up before driving a vehicle away
- Poor written quality of instructions
- The instructions are too complicated
- Some posted out to buyers without any instructions
- Too complex and poor quality
#6. Mengshen Bicycle Alarm
- Extra loud alarm – it emits 113db
- Mini size yet powerful alarm
- Low price, similar to dummy alarms yet is a fully functional alarm
- Fits mopeds, motorcycles, cars, and vans
- The keyless system worked by a single remote
- Waterproof alarm
- 7 settings for sensitivity
- Comes with a ready-made tool to help change the batteries
- Additional remote controls can be brought at the time of purchase or by contacting the seller at a later date
- May have to change the batteries frequently
- Probably better suited for cycles and motorcycles
- If parked more than 20 meters away from the vehicle may be hard to hear if the alarm goes off.
#7. KKmoon Universal Car Vehicle Security System Burglar Alarm
- It includes 2 remote controls
- Modest cost for high specification car alarm system
- It has multiple security settings
- Sometimes can be brought with a discount code
- The user manual describes all of the different functions yet provides installation instructions
- Some users complain that it is unreliable and will break within weeks after they had worked how to install it
- Unclear warranty details so very difficult to get refunds, or to have faulty ones repaired or replaced.
#8. CarLock – 2nd Gen Advanced Real-Time
- Allows users to monitor the security of their vehicle 24/7 from their smartphone – provides peace of mind for parents
- The tracking system is installed to company vehicles will provide information as to how workers are driving and using cars
- If users allow someone else to drive their car how well or badly the car is driven can be tracked
- The system comes at a price that is a great value considering how secure the car is and the tracking information is difficult to match in terms of accuracy
- Owners will know exactly where their vehicle has been and how it was driven there with real-time GPS tracking
- The Carlock alarm indicates when a car battery is about to go flat, or that the power is being drained sooner than it should be
- Possible to rent extra cloud storage to store all the data for less than $10 per month and the first month is free too.
- Having to pay for cloud storage and the GPS tracking – but if the subscription is not paid then the device will not work
- No longer trusting other people with their car
- The customer service team can be slow responding to emails and there is no landline/cell number to call them either
- The real-time tracking does not always keep up to real-time
#9. Performance Teknique
- This product has an LCD that shows the owner if their vehicle has been approached, touched or taken
- There is a good range on the transmitters especially if the vehicle is parked facing the direction of the building that the driver has gone into (roughly 3,000 ft)
- If installed professionally then the system can be used reliably for several years,
- Even after paying to have it installed this system comes at a bargain price as it is reliable
- Remotely start and stop engines from a distance as far as 3,000 ft especially useful if trying to drive away quickly on a really cold day
- This product has to be installed by a professional approved by the manufacturer otherwise the warranty will be void and the buyer would have to pay for repairs or a replacement
- It can sometimes malfunction if the battery dies, yet can be reset if taken to a garage
#10. Prestige APS997Z
- The remotes can be used with a mile range both ways
- There is a timer that warns the driver when the parking meter needs to be topped up
- The alarm works in extreme cold or heat, as low as – 30 degrees C and up to 70 degrees C so useful for owners in Alaska and Canada during the winter months
- There is a 2 stage alarm system; stage 1 if a car is touched and shows up on the display, stage 2 is when the alarm goes off if someone attempts to take the vehicle
- The alarm is loud enough to deter thieves
- As there are no instructions included with the system it is best to have it installed professionally
- To be picky the batteries in the remote controls need to be changed around every few weeks
After reviewing all 10 products it was decided that product 10 the Prestige-APS997Z was the best overall car security alarm. Although people would have to pay for installing the Prestige-APS997Z by professionals it would be worth the cost. It is a small price to pay though for having peace of mind in terms of knowing that vehicles are secure. The cost of the system and the installation would be around $500 yet it worth it as it keeps vehicles worth many thousands of dollars safe and secure.
The Prestige-APS997Z has a two-stage alarm. The first stage is activated when a vehicle is touched/damaged, and it shows up on the display, the second stage happens when the alarm goes off if someone attempts to take the vehicle. This system is worth buying as it is highly reliable and will last for several years. It means that cars and vehicles have an excellent security alarm system over the long term at a modest overall cost.
Perhaps the strongest selling point for the Prestige system is the range, at which the remotes can be used. The range is around a mile. For people that live in areas that have severe winters, the Prestige system is ideal as it can be used in temperatures as low as – 30 degrees C. Other systems will not work in extreme cold or heat, so users can feel more secure than those with other systems.
In terms of the second-best car security alarm systems, the Carlock tracking system is reliable. It is modestly priced though some vehicle owners are put off by having to pay a monthly subscription for the GPS real-time tracking system. Without paying the subscription the system cannot be used. It is a system that some owners find useful, parents and employers can find out what their children and workers respectively are doing with the cars they are driving. The tracking system would come into its own should a vehicle be stolen as it could be tracked and at some point recovered.
A good low budget vehicle alarm is the Mengshen Bicycle Alarm. Though it is primarily a bike alarm it will work on most 12V petrol-powered cars. It has a very loud alarm. The Mengshen Bicycle Alarm is also really easy to fit. The range of the remotes though is limited.