The common car speaker systems function fairly the same way where different functionalities/frequencies are output by different pieces of the system to play a song. It’s therefore important to check how the system under consideration “delegates” duties to guide on the right set-up for the best results.
#1. Sony Mega Bass XS-FB162E Speakers
- Dome-shaped tweeter unit: creates a 360 effect on the Car System
- The units are small in size compared to its similar powered counterparts
- Centrally placed treble balances the sound out
- Self-correcting audio file error system
- The units are encased in metal fiber and rubber housings to reduce distortions.
- Mica cone matrix woofer produce is loud and clear
- The base unit is compact, consistently producing a sharp, clear base.
- Comes with a one-year warranty
- High power rating at 260 Watts lights up the car
- Relatively high cost
#2. Zoook Moto69 MonsterX1
- Aluminum voice coil to protect the speakers
- Rated at an impressive 240 Watts audio output
- The actual woofer is compact with slightly over 2.5” housing making them ideal for the tiniest of spaces.
- Spots a fine mesh grill to keep dust out along with improving the longevity of the speakers
- Light in weight while maintaining quality sound
- Features an overload/thermal protection circuit
- At 30 x 22 x 16 cm in volume, it weighs 5.kg.
- Supply Voltage: 11-15V DC,
- Power output resistance 2Ohm
- RMS: 240W
- Frequency response: 25Hz-150Hz,
- Bass boost: 0dB-12dB,
- Trendy modern design gives the system good aesthetics
- Made of premium quality materials
- The entire package is compact
- Issues with compatibility vehicles with lower battery output fuses.
#3. Jl Audio C2-690tx 6×9-Inch (3-Way)
- Three-way speakers having dimensions of 6×9 inches.
- Rated power at 70 watts.
- The sensitivity is 93dB.
- Features modular speakers.
- 53-22000Hz frequency range.
- Impedance rating at 4ohm
- RMS rating-70 watts
- 125 watts maximum power output
- Impressive fidelity
- Powerful bass but yet comfortable
- Modern futuristic design
- Compatibility with a large variety of new vehicles
- Excellent sensitivity to a wide level of input fluctuations
- The bass is excellent
- Compatibility issues with old vehicles due to issues of power ratings.
- Poor customer service response by the company
#4. JBL GTO939 Premium 6 x 9 Inches Co-Axial Speaker – Set of 2
- Large voice coils to enhance heat dissipation
- Self-sufficient package with clear directions makes the entire installations process much easier
- Minimalistic design
- Spots Carbon-injected Plus One cones for higher base
- Soft-dome tweeters for better heat dissipation
- Almost always ideal speaker positioning thanks to a dual-level tweeter volume provision
- Low-impedance for better power usage
- Dedicated 12dB/octave for smooth extreme frequency output
- High-quality crossover means the right signals are sent to the right speakers
- High-quality bass output
- Long term consistent service maintained as reported by multiple reviews.
- Ease of installation and operation
- Relatively inflated price compared with just as potent options
- Relatively polarized design
#5. BOSS Power CH6530
- Polyurethane cone design delivers excellent sound quality.
- Sturdy materials such as aluminum composite ensure long service life and relative resistance to wear and tear.
- Temperature-modulated voice coils promise long uninterred play hours.
- Solid construction with great finishes
- Deployment of rubber offers great flexibility while accommodating a range of frequencies
- The flexibility of performance within various temperature ranges
- Poor sound quality at higher frequencies
#6. Kicker Coax DS65
- Excellent motor structure.
- Titanium-dome tweeters balance out the audio output to ensure great reception in any position in the car
- Oversized voice coils allow for excellent handling at all frequencies
- Extended voice coil technology it has provides ultra-clean bass
- Clear, loud bass
- Good output temperature response.
- Long operation hours
- Great customer reviews
- Complex installation process
- Relatively costly
#7. Infinity Primus Series 6X9
- Great high and mid-frequency reproduction
- three-way speaker configuration
- 6X9 woofer unit
- 1” normal tweeter
- 5/9” mini tweeter.
- The power rating of 300 Watts.
- Polypropylene cone design
- Superior sound quality and fidelity
- The base is excellent even without a subwoofer
- Strong build quality
- Reasonably priced
- Confusing and difficult installation procedure
#8. Infinity Kappa 60.11 CS
- Two woofers
- Two crossovers
- Hardware for surface or flush mounting is not included
- Starfish brackets that will help you install the tweeters in many openings
- 5 inch Car Audio 2-Way Component System (Pair)
- Peak power rating at 540 watts |
- RMS rating of180 watts
- 45-35,000 Hz range of frequency support
- 2-ohms input Impedance
- 5-1/8″ x 5-1/8″ space for cut out
- High fidelity audio experience
- Easy to install
- High-quality components
- Lengthy installation process
- Narrow base response
#9. Rockford Fosgate R165X3
- Route each frequency to its proper component, it has an integrated crossover right behind the speaker.
- High-quality components.
- vacuum polypropylene cone
- silk dome tweeter
- Silk dome midrange.
- rugged steel basket
- rubber surround and rugged grilles
- Great pricing per feature
- Solid build quality, very durable materials
- Great mid-range and highs
- Poor bass response
- The footprint of the actual piece delivered is larger than advertised, this creates a necessity of creating additional space.
#10. CT Sounds Meso 6.5
- Build quality is excellent as the set features a Y30 and Neo ferrite magnets for both woofers and tweeters
- 25mm Silk Dome Tweeters offer surround sound and coverage of high frequencies
- Two mid-range speakers produce low and mid frequencies
- RMS rating at 120W
- Powerful sound output at 240W
- Prolonged performance under most conditions
- Wide range of output frequency at 50 Hz ~ 20 kHz offers solid performance
- Fantastic components, incredibly durable and sturdy
- Great bass response
- Very clear sound handles all music
- Distorts high-end frequencies
- Complex installation process
- Size compatibility issues with some car doors
You don’t have to do a full-blown changeover of your car speaker system. Once, you know the output result you desire, you may start purchasing unit by unit until your system is complete. For the oldest cars, consider simple upgrades like purchasing a Bluetooth enabled modulator to add wireless functionality, USB flash drive support and phone compatibility to your old system.
You can relax knowing all range of customer preferences can be accommodated by the huge number of players in the car audio market. Just to recap, component speakers are relatively low price average performance speakers while their coaxial counterparts being of relatively higher price and high sound quality. Your preferences, budget, and judgment of your ears will greatly determine the piece you will end up with.